Infographics are great at getting links (and thus high rankings in Google)…but why stop there.
· 65% of people are Visual Learners
· A web visitor is likely to leave your site within less than 10 seconds after arriving
· With the world’s information currently doubling every two years, – People are suffering from information overload
· A great video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1QGK9pquMs
In this example… you “get it” in less than a second. It takes you 15-20 seconds to read and understand the written direction.
“Directions to restroom from front door
- Walk towards the kitchen for about 15 feet.
- Make your first right past the tall palm tree.
- The first door to your right is the restroom for Women.
- The second door to your right is the restroom for Men.”
TLDR: Just check out our infographic on why they make great marketing tools.
5 ways to leverage infographics within your business
1. Link Promotion (Most Common)
· Load onto your site. Use blogger outreach and social media to get other people to share the graphic and load onto their respective sites.
2. Use Internally
· Print out infographics or include in PDF files to support the training of new employees about complex aspects of the business
· Share with potential/existing investors to share and displaying performance data.
· Provide visual one page reports to accompany lengthy reports which don’t get usually get read.
3. Marketing Purposes
· Utilize aspects of the infographic for use in Newspaper/Magazine ads to stand out from the crowd as well as educate potential customers.
· Create large print out versions for tradeshows.
· Provide infographics to affiliates for training purposes and to be used within their own marketing pieces.
· Animate and create videos to be uploaded on Youtube.
Example: ‘The World of Social Media’ – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H61WvxOm1AM
4. Sales Tool
· Add to sales pages to provide extra visual information to consumers.
· Provide to sales staff as print out to provide support and increase sales.
· Provide infographic to newsletter subscribers.
· Use infographic in email marketing campaigns.
· Used to entice candidate to apply for jobs or graduate schemes
· Able to exhibit some facts about the business in a fun and dynamic way
· Can make a business stand out from its competitors who go through standard recruitment processes.
Example: Graduate scheme offered by ‘DARE’ http://www.showusyourclips.com/this-is-dare-are-you/